2022 Pet Holidays and Veterinary Awareness Days
National Dress Up Your Pet Day
January 14, 2022
National Dress Up Your Pet Day is a fun celebration of your fur baby’s fashionable side. Style your pet in a fun costume or a festive sweater, booties, or other accessories.
While this is meant to be a silly, joyous holiday, there are safety precautions you should take any time you’re dressing up your pet. Share these tips with the hashtag #UsdanPetTips with friends, family, and colleagues as you celebrate:
- Make sure the clothing fits properly and doesn’t interfere with your pet’s sight, hearing, breathing, or movement.
- Avoid clothing with pieces that can be tripped over or chewed off.
- Never leave your pet unsupervised while dressed up.
- If your pet rejects the clothing, don’t force it.
- If your dog has thick coat, choose a lightweight costume to prevent overheating.
Show us how you’re celebrating! Tag us in your social media posts so we can share with our followers: Facebook | Twitter | InstagramBack to top